Principal & Managing Attorney
John Dolgetta is the principal and managing member of the law firm. John received his Juris Doctor degree from Pace University School of Law and also received the School’s Certificate of Concentration in International Law. His areas of concentration include real estate, real estate agency law, commercial leasing, corporate and commercial transactional law, mergers and acquisitions, representation of commercial and residential lenders, and wills, trusts and estates. John and his firm acts as general outside corporate counsel to the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS®, Inc. (“HGAR”), the second largest REALTOR® trade association in New York State (with nearly 11,000 members) and one of the largest in the nation. John’s firm also serves as general corporate counsel to the Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (“HGMLS”), a wholly owned subsidiary of HGAR.
In addition to providing general corporate legal counsel to HGAR and HGMLS, John’s firm, and predecessor firm, also assisted with and facilitated several mergers with the Putnam Association of REALTORS®, Inc., the Orange County Association of REALTORS®, Inc, the Rockland County Board of REALTORS®, Inc., and most recently in 2016, the Manhattan Association of REALTORS®, Inc.
Prior to joining the firm, John served as General In-House Counsel at Rebound International, Inc., a web-based business-to-business e-commerce company specializing in international trade via the establishment of an international e-commerce trading and exchange platform for businesses worldwide. As In-House Counsel, John negotiated and drafted a wide range of agreements, including marketing alliance agreements, strategic alliance agreements, leases, trade agreements, employment agreements, and buy-sell agreements. Prior to joining Rebound, John also worked as an attorney for National Economic Research Associates, Inc. (a subsidiary of the Marsh & McLennan Company), where he was engaged in legal research and consulting for senior economists in the company.
While attending Pace Law School, John served as a Managing Editor for the Pace Environmental Law Review and authored Friends of the Earth v. Crown Central Petroleum: The Surrogate Enforcer Must be Allowed to II Stand Up II for the Environment, which was published in the Law Review. John is also the author of numerous articles on real estate law, real estate agency law, tax law, privacy laws, ethics and cyber breach issues which have been published in the legal column of Real Estate In-Depth (a monthly periodical of the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS®, Inc.) and in Legal Lines (a quarterly publication of the New York State Association of REALTORS®).
E-Mail John Dolgetta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas Of Practice:
- Real Estate Agency Law
- Representation of Real Estate Brokerage Firms
- Representation of Realtor Associations and Multiple Listing Services
- Real Estate Licensee and Department of State Matters
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Law
- Corporate and Business Transactional Law
- International Trade Law
- Commercial and Residential Leasing
- Representation of Residential and Commercial Lenders
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Liquor Licenses
- Not-for-Profit Corporation Law
- 501(c)(3) Applications
- Finance and Transactional
- Estate Planning
- Wills and Estates
- Veterinary Practice Purchases, Sales and Operations
- Attorney Grievance Matters
- New York, 1999
- Connecticut, 2017
- Pace University School of Law (White Plains, New York)
Juris Doctor / Certificate of Concentration in International Law / Managing Editor, Pace Environmental Law Review
- Fordham University (Bronx, NY)
Bachelor of Arts/Political Science
Certificate Program in Peace and Justice Studies
- Errors and Omissions Coverage: An Essential Element of Being an Agent, published in Legalines, Third Quarter 2009 (a quarterly periodical published by the New York State Association of Realtors®)
- Numerous articles published in the legal column of Real Estate In-Depth, (a monthly periodical published by the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors®, Inc.)
- Friends of the Earth v. Crown Central Petroleum: The Surrogate Enforcer Must Be Allowed to “Stand Up” for the Environment, Pace Environmental Law Review, Summer, 1998
- Instructor of Real Estate Law, Real Estate Agency Law, Tax Law, Contracts and Leasing at the School of Real Estate of the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors®, Inc.
- Speaker for Continuing Legal Education Seminars.